Your Blog Host

Your Blog Host
Friends, Meet SIN CITY ARTIE!

Friday, February 6, 2015

A REALLY Good Day!

I'M STOKED!



"Hello.  I'm Stoked!"

















Some days are better than others...



We have all had those down ones (hopefully not too many of 'em)...




And occasionally we are on the up side...





BUT yesterday I hit the emotional Motherlode...










I have been searching the web for this video for several years...


I have found countless other ones...Into the hundreds, but NEVER this particular video...



And then just crusin' through some You Tube vids yesterday...


BAM!!!


There it was on my computer monitor...


Having worked in the cable ad biz for over a dozen years we recorded many Nick feeds off the satellite to choose promos to air on our cable system...


Most times I would take them at random and put them into spot rotation...My marketing boss loved that we made the effort and let us have a free hand on placing the spots here and there...




One day I saw this particular promo and went crazy...

The structure...
The copy...
The delivery...

The total video package is AWESOME!

Well, my heart swells with satisfaction (a clue to the name of the promo) 
as I get ready to show it to you right here...right now...

"Ladies and Gentlemen...

"THE STONES"!




OK, some of you might think "What's the big deal?"...


Well, deep down all of us have a special memory chamber where we store pleasant past experiences...

For some reason this spot brings all those out for me...









I was living in Pacific Grove (working in Monterey, California), 




working at a great job at MPTV Cable, 




surrounded by wonderful workers and friends, driving a nifty vette, 




and building a very successful ad sales operation...




Yea, all that came back when I saw this promo...



Hell, I can even hear the seals barking on the wharf in Monterey...











The brain is a wonderful organ...










Tomorrow I'll tell the tale of my OWN Nick At Nite promo and how it was shot...


Yea, I was semi "Big Time" back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment