Your Blog Host

Your Blog Host
Friends, Meet SIN CITY ARTIE!

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Good Day

Ya never know...

This is a follow up to my previous blog...

Out of the blue the phone rang in my office yesterday...Picked it up and a voice boomed out at me...

"Hello, Art?  This is Johnny Magnus"...

The day before I had sent him a note hoping he would respond...

He did better than that...He called me...




His pipes sounded just as they did back four decades ago...The same clear resonance came across even on the phone and started my memory bank spewing forth all the countless hours I listened to Johnny Magnus evenings on KMPC back in the 60's and 70's...


GRAMMY
From left are MOYL host Johnny Magnus; KGIL Los Angeles on-air personality Jerry F. Sharell; Pat Boone, who is currently promoting his latest album "Near", and serves as a MOYL host; singer/violinist Calabria Foti; Marshall; and Global Radio Network/MOYL CEO Marc Angell. PHOTO: BRYAN SHOWALTER




He still lives in the Valley...Works for a syndicated music service, "The Music of Your Life" and is heard on stations across the US as well as the web...




Talk about nice...He took the time to reminisce about some of the "good old days' of LA radio in the past...

Though he stated more than once that ya gotta get movin' on and not stay back in that era...

One comparison he gave me was taking a DC-3 from Washington to New York...Today it would be a modern jet...





But I stammered, "the DC-3 is my favorite plane"...He retorted,"Mine, too"...

Smart radio people think exactly the same way...

Good to hear the past is still part of the present...

Yea, it was a very good day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment