Your Blog Host

Your Blog Host
Friends, Meet SIN CITY ARTIE!

Friday, May 20, 2011

"The Goin's Great!"

Hit work a tad gloomy...

No real reason...It was a Friday and traffic was light, but for some reason I just slugged my way to my desk and plopped down...





It wasn't twenty minutes until a fellow co-worker came into our two man office and closed the door...

Now, what's up?

Within seconds he blurted out, "I just quit!"

Heavy thing for one to utter after working here for nearly twelve years...Heavy...

He has been dabbling in another growing business for several years...Taking tourists into clubs...Breaking through the lines and getting them situated at their table and lining up the agreed to bottle service...





The VIP biz has started to head big time...And he is now poised to take it there as the new Director of Sales for Red Carpet VIP...





Good for him...Leaving the ship but able to sail away in style...





I thought for that guy..."The Goin's Great!"

Then I started to think about that song I played over forty years ago on the radio back in the San Fernando Valley at KVFM on the 11th floor of the Panorama Towers...





Sammy Davis Jr. and "The Goin's Great"...Up beat and super cool and hip back then...




It was used as the theme for all the Pan Am radio and TV spots...




Looked it up on You Tube and found a playable cut...




Listen up and enjoy!

Question: Is the goin' great?
Answer: Yes, the going's great

Question: Is the livin' fine?
Answer: Yes, the living's fine

I've got someone, it's such fun to cling to
If I could I would describe that face
Someone that I mean everything to
And I'm in Heaven as it were
Every time I'm in her embrace

So, question: Is the goin' great?
Here's my answer: Yes, the going's great

The milk and honey's flowing
And my love for her keeps growin'
Which makes the lovin' goin' great
Great!


Question: Is the goin' great?
Here's my answer: Yeah, the going's great

That milk and honey's flowing
And my love for her keeps growin'
Which makes the lovin' goin' great
Great!


And I hope YOUR weekend makes "The Goin's Great!"




Lucky little shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment