Your Blog Host

Your Blog Host
Friends, Meet SIN CITY ARTIE!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

ROAD TRIP


An Interesting Weekend For Us...

Friday morning I had my bi-weekly therapy session to work on my hip...

Getting better all the time, but still need to get those muscles near up to snuff...Getting a new hip is like getting hit by a truck...

Well, enough of my past misery...

p.s.  Note the zipper in the X-ray...
It was from my pants...Took the pix
with my pants up...Cool touch, yes?








I tooled down the road from that therapy session and turned into a car dealership...

Yeppers, it is what I did...

And in front of me is a radio remote...I swear it is a GD radio remote...
The tent, the jock, the van, and all the trinkets on the table...


Beasley was there at Centennial Hyundai and Todd Michaels 
was on hand from their country station, The Coyote, 102.7...

I got shivers thinking about the hundreds
of radio remotes I sat at year after year...
And the car ones were the best...Maybe some free hot dogs and sodas...
but plenty of "PRIZE PIGS" on hand...


Talked up a bit with Mr. Michaels and found he had spent a decade
in the LA market and we knew some of the same folks...

You look at him and suspect he is a well preserved forty year old...

Now, I suspect he won't get upset at me but I want to tell you
how old Todd really is...

Sitting down?  FIFTY-ONE...
Can you begin to imagine a guy looking that good at that age who is actually in the radio business?  
I am impressed...

Nice fellow and I truly enjoyed the time chatting but I did have a mission...

Had spied a used car with 44 miles on it...Went to the sales desk inside 
and rousted out the desk guy and he took me out to see the car...

At this point I am adding his name...
He wrote that he felt cheated that he was NOT mentioned...
It was Florencio, my new pal who was originally from Guam...

The vehicle was nice...extremely nice...

Told him had to have the ball and chain approve and would return...

Knowing car guys
(and I did sell 'em and know 'em)
he thought, "Sure he'll be back...Yea, right."

Well, in hours I had Angie in tow
and we took a spin in the
WHITE Hyundai Sonata...




It drove great...Looked better..and was a total winner on the road...

Angie lost her initial feelings about the vehicle.for she had said,
"I WILL NOT get a WHITE car."

'Nuff said, we BOUGHT the Sonata...













Then the next day we had a mini Road Trip...


First stop was Boulder City and just as we arrived at
 the Boulder City Airport we looked up and saw this:


All total eight tandem jumping groups spilled out of the plane 
and landed gently in the dust of the field by the airport...

Lots of smiling tourists here...

More details about that place got to the web site:

OK, went through downtown BC...

...and hit the road over the dam and about fifteen miles more to Willow Beach in Arizona...

Travel down the hill on a windy road and a couple of miles later you are there...
Right at the edge of the Colorado River
as it has left the confines of the Hoover Dam
and flows freely on it's way to Mexico...





Few years back the Feds came and gutted the place 
and built a showplace for the marina and RV park...

Ranger Eric fills us in with more about Willow Beach:

The two fellows in the grill were so friendly and the grub was terrific...
Had a grilled cheese and fries that was so damn tasty...

Angie scooped up a dish of ice cream with caramel
and it had a salty taste...
She loved it...













We feed some bread crumbs to the ducks
on the deck and watched the river run past...
Down the road is a Fish Hatchery and you can visit with the family
for a fun day's adventure...

We also hit the gift shop and I bought my second coffee mug...Last was black with a blue interior and this one had a lipstick red finish inside it...
Yea, dig those coffee mugs...

Shop has plenty of stuff for a day trip plus I've also scored a hat here, too...

Rent boats, book RV reservations and more here:
http://www.willowbeachharbor.com/willowbeach/?CFID=94776&CFTOKEN=d0e7db673a6d1282-CAB94852-0041-4ACF-B3BFA15C685032D1

It was back on the highway and watching the gas gauge hardly drop on the Sonata...Gets 37 MPG highway and we were sitting at nearly 28 MPG with a combination of city/highway travel...


We stopped at Magic Mountain (Railroad Pass) as I call it
for a bit and had their buffet...
For the comp it was quite tasty...

At the "Action Station" the chef was carving prime rib
and I got one with a blue cheese sauce...







Those who know me are aware that I ADORE and CHERISH blue cheese...
I REALLY friggin' like it!








From there we headed back to good old NLV and home and parked our spanking new Sonata in the drive...

Think we'll keep it...


Hey, it's GOOD to help the economy, right?    

No comments:

Post a Comment