Your Blog Host

Your Blog Host
Friends, Meet SIN CITY ARTIE!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life Is Sweeeeeeeet!

Yea, ya get up each morning...

You know the rest of that song....

Seems as one gets more on the elder side of the life coin you start reacting to news of friends and loved ones as they begin to fall by the wayside...



Recently I have had many friends spending way too much time with Doctors and in hospitals...
I remember working for an ABC TV affiliate in Fresno back in the 70's and bouncing into the sales office one afternoon to work on a proposal when I spied the senior sales guy back in his corner cubicle sobbing...
I asked what was wrong and he went on to say that lately all he has been invited to is funerals...He played the piano and all his friends used him at the services to pound out some tunes for his newly dead buds...
He lamented that at his age everyone was leaving the planet...I just listened and said, "Yea"...
I was in my early 20's and had the thick skin that young and stupid fellows form to get them through the care fee days of youth...
Only now in the past few years have I gone back to those old brain cells to dig up this tale and take the time to lament to myself the rapid passing of days, weeks and years...
After all this I treasure each morning more as I pop out of bed and tackle the day ahead...
I suspect there is not another trip for us after death, so I want to enjoy all I can now here on this mortal orb...
I remember again that fellow sobbing and find that I myself have an occasional tear in my eyes thinking about past fellows and friends...

Oh, "HAVE A NICE DAY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment